To help me understand how colour schemes can be used to alter the feel and communication of an artefact I used my final draft and altered the colour schemes to monochromatic, analogous, triadic and complementary to help me explore the different effects they create. This really helped to improve my awareness of colour.
Monochromatic
I liked this effect as it easily creates a mood. For example the oranges in this piece create a very warm, happy mood which was easy to get right. The colours are all soothing and harmonious on the eye.
Analogous
This colour scheme is similar to monochromatic but differs slightly as it brings a few more colours into the mix which compliment the dominant colour (orange).
Triadic
This colour scheme is very contesting. Only three colours are used throughout - and often from opposite sides of the colour wheel. Although it is contrasting it still maintains subtly and harmony whilst the highly saturated prismatic colours provide richness. I maintained the dominating colour as orange
Complementary
These colours have a very high amount of contrast as they are found on opposite sides of the colour wheel. To help it not come across as too jarring to the eye I used a lot of the purple whilst only bringing small amounts of the yellow in to make it subtle.




No comments:
Post a Comment